Choosing a Learning Management System Software Provider
Learning Management System Software | Choosing a Provider | LearnPac ELearning Systems (UK)
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Software applications are now widely being used across the UK. The adoption of LMS software systems applies to both individuals and organisations (large and small). However, selecting the right LMS software is often the most challenging part. We get a lot of inquiries from various organisations looking to explore e-learning options, and very often, looking for a new LMS provider.
Learning management system software usage in the UK
Whether its an individual looking to gain new skills or as part of continuing professional development, many people are likely to consider some form of online learning. Organisations in the UK are now increasingly using learning management system software to train employees, customers and channel partners.
Blended learning environments with LMS…
Many organisations are also taking advantage of blended learning opportunities to cut costs and improve productivity. With the advances in mobile technologies, the traditional classroom training format is increasingly becoming less popular. Also, setting up blended learning environments (BLE) is no longer as costly or cumbersome as it would have been even just two years ago.
So what is blended learning?
"Blended learning is a formal education program in which a student learns at least in part through delivery of content and instruction via digital and online media with some element of student control over time, place, path, or pace"
What is a learning management system software?
"A learning management system (LMS) is a software based application for the administration, documentation, tracking, reporting and delivery of electronic educational technology, e-learning courses or training programs"
A learning management software system is sometimes called an online course management system or simply CMS.
"A course management system (CMS) is a collection of software tools providing an online environment for course interactions. A CMS typically includes a variety of online tools and environments, such as: An area for faculty posting of class materials such as course syllabus and handouts"
What is e learning?
"Quite simply, e-learning is electronic learning, and typically this means using a computer to deliver part, or all of a course whether it's in a school, part of your mandatory business training or a full distance learning course"
What is the online training?
"Online training, also known as computer based training (CBT), distance learning, or e-learning, online training is a form of instruction that takes place completely on the internet. It involves a variety of multimedia elements, including graphics, audio, video, and web-links, which all can be accessed through one's internet browser"
What are the benefits of ELearning?
- E-learning delivery is quicker compared with classroom training
- Learners can learn at their own pace, rather than group pace in classroom based courses
- No travel costs for travelling to classroom training sessions
- minimal time spent away from work attending classroom based training courses
- e learning allows learners to focus only on the areas they need rather than sit through hours of classroom training that is not relevant nor meeting their needs
- Elearning is cheaper compared with traditional learning and development costs (classroom based) including:
- blended learning opportunities
- immediate cost-effective gains
- reduced training time (face to face training)
- reduced costs of developing course materials and handouts
- reduced travel and accommodation times
- Increased employee productivity, organisational profitability and return on investment
- Research shows that elearning is more effective than classroom based training, including:
- more positive attitudes toward the elearning format and training in general
- learners’ improved scores on tests, certifications or other learning evaluations
- improvement in the number of learners who attain better results
- learners able to apply the newly learned knowledge or processes in the workplace
- improved long-term retention of information through e-learning
- ELearning reduces the environmental impact and carbon footprint
- Reduced costs of printing paper handouts, examination materials
- Reduced costs of invigilator costs, marking and testing
Why choose LearnPac Systems’ LMS?
There are more than 101 reasons to choose LearnPac Systems’ learning management software, including:
- Well written online courses with relevant learning outcomes and elearning resources
- Dedicated team of subject matter experts and content developers
- Peer review process in accordance with nationally recognised CPD standards
- Quality assured elearning courses based on national curriculum and latest guidance
- Access LearnPac anywhere on any device (including tablets and mobile phones)
- Match your current elearning needs to your specific work environment
- Adapt LearnPac’s learning management system to your organisational requirements
- Interactive online learning platform and assessment tools
Contact our Support Team today to see how Learnpac Systems can help you stay ahead with elearning – 02476 100090 or via Email firstname.lastname@example.org